Jan 3, 2010

Cleaning/Organizing: Part I



So, today was a short day at work, and since I still had a lot of energy left once work was done I decided to tackle my bedroom. I know I have a lot of stuff, and a lot of things I don't use, or will never use. I just never get around to throwing things out, or taking them to the salvation army and such. Each time I've tidied my room for the last few years, I've made piles of stuff to take to the salvation army...but we never end up going and I forget and the stuff eventually gets added back to my other normal stuff.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! So anyhow, I'm going through boxes, my closet, my old clothes, old books, old everything and getting rid of things. The above picture is from after I started pulling stuff out of my closet...yikes. This really does feel like an impossible task. I find it really hard to throw things away, especially something that might be useful later. I'm not as bad as the people they show on tv, who throw out nothing at all, but I always feel like my room is a big unorganized mess, even after I clean it.

So far, I've got one bag full of garbage, and a bag full of things to take the salvation army, and a lot of things that I'm not really sure if I should toss or not. An old telephone, lots of cords for computers/video games, lots of little things like notepads/notebooks/post-its, and leftover decorations from my sisters bridal shower that never ended up being used. They're just dollar store stuff, but they haven't even been opened. So I'm not sure if I should hold onto them or what. Blah...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Odd Existence Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template