Jan 2, 2010

Inspired

Lately I don't feel as creative, or inspired as I used to. Maybe it's just the silly winter depression thing bogging me down, but I haven't felt like doing anything, from writing to origami, scrapbooking, web design...it all feels very meh. So lately I've been doing a whole lot of nothing. I've played so much RollerCoaster Tycoon II this last month that it isn't funny. What's worse is that I usually ending up failing the objectives, so I'm not even really winning (can you really win at RollerCoaster Tycoon? Lol.).

 Anyhow, I watched the movie that I got for Christmas, Julie & Julia, and I was oddly inspired by it. It almost made me want to cook or bake, and to be honest, I really can't stand cooking or baking most of the time. But instead of cooking, I decided that I should do something else to help me through this annoying winter depression. I'd start a blog, and write one entry each day for a year. But about what...? Games? Anime? Music? Penguins...?
It took me a while to come up with an idea, but I decided that I'd write a post each day about something that I love, no matter what it is. Tv shows, a favourite movie, a good anime, anything that really makes me happy, laugh, or excited.

I think it might be a bit tough, especially since I am an insanely forgetful person, and remembering to write a blog post isn't as easy as remembering to put on your glasses each day. Heck, I even ignore the post-its I write to myself and stick on the side of my monitor. So remembering to write a post each day could prove tricky somedays, but I really hope that I can do it.
I really think I'm far too good at procrastinating, and coming up with reasons not to do things even when I know I have to. I really want to break that habit this year, and learn that as much as it sucks or scares me, I can't put off everything. So hopefully this new blog will help me in that area as well.

On another note, while I was toying around with a theme for my new blog yesterday, I ran across my old diary in my bookmarks. I'm not sure why I decided not to use it, especially after the hours and hours of hard work I put into the coding and images. I know I'm not the best when it comes to html and css, but I was really proud of myself for writing that code from scratch. Of course, now that I really think about it, that's probably why I stopped using that diary. The way I had it coded, and my lack of knowledge in other coding languages meant that I had to code in certain things each time I made a post, instead of finding a way for it to be automatically done each time. So needless to say, it was a bit too much of a hassle each time I posted. But damn, I still love that layout...ah well.
It makes me sad that I didn't keep up with learning html & css, because if I had, I'm sure I would have been able to easily make my own code at least for a blogger theme, instead of finding one online. However, it wouldn't have looked or worked as well as most that you can find online, so I guess I can't complain much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Odd Existence Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template